BELOVECURIOUS TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
These – A) Privacy& Confidentiality B) Rescheduling & Cancellation C) Call Termination D) Site Use and E) Complaints – statements, policies and procedures relate specifically to the services and content delivered through www.belovecurious.com. ‘BeLoveCurious’ is a trading name of Curious Enterprises Limited. Company number: 08873369 (Registered in England & Wales). Registered address: 71-75 Shelton Street, London WC2H 9JQ. ‘BeLoveCurious.com’, ‘BeLoveCurious’, ‘this website’ and ‘BLC’ are terms used interchangeably throughout this document.
All BeLoveCurious services are provided from within the UK and as such the law of the UK prevails. Applicable laws that may be considered are the Data Protection Act 1998, the Distance Selling Regulation 2000, the Electronic Communications Act 2000 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (Commencement No. 4) Order 2004 and any other such legislation which may from time to time come into force.
The term ‘call’ is used throughout to cover both Skype and telephone calls.
A. PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENTS
BeLoveCurious offers private and confidential relationship counselling & lovelife coaching services. These are mostly accessed online and delivered via Skype or through a telephone conferencing service, with some face-to-face sessions available by special arrangement. We know that respecting clients’ confidentiality and privacy are fundamental requirements for keeping trust and respecting client autonomy which are cornerstones of our work. As such, BeLoveCurious is committed to protecting from unauthorised disclosure the personally identifiable and sensitive information that clients provide to us, and we recognise the importance of being clear about how we intend to use it.
We also recognise that the internet is not completely secure and as such we cannot guarantee the security of personal data transmitted through our website or by email and thus any transmission is at clients’ own risk. We will however, make every effort to protect our clients’ privacy and confidentiality by having appropriate security and safeguards in place, and in accordance with ethical and legal responsibilities.
Our Privacy Principles:
- We will only collect and use your personal data where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so
- When completing any online forms, we will tell you how your information will be used, unless this is obvious
- We will not ask for more personal data than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- We will train our coaches and staff on their privacy obligations
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes we ensure the supplier has appropriate security measures in place
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries
- We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the required service to be provided to you. All retained personal data is subject to the controls of our data protection policy and will be securely disposed of when it is considered to be of no further use.
- BLC Coaches expect to be ethically accountable for any breach of confidentiality to their client and to BeLoveCurious for their management of such disclosure.
Personal information we may hold
When you purchase a service from our website, subscribe to the newsletter or submit a contact form online, we may ask you for personal data and other information to allow us to provide you with the services or information that you require. This could include the following:
- Full name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Skype address
- Details of your enquiry
- Curriculum vitae details (for those enquiring about employment opportunities)
- Sensitive personal data as defined under the Data Protection Act 1998. Relevant examples include information about your ethnic or racial origin, religious beliefs, physical or mental health, relationship status and sexual life.
We may use your personal data:
- to contact you for reasons relating to a service or information request
- for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing from us please Unsubscribe from the Newsletter or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request
- for research and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services
- to process your application, monitor recruitment and provide statistics if you apply to work for us. Personal data about unsuccessful candidates will be retained for six months after the recruitment process is completed, at which point it will be disposed of securely.
BeLoveCurious Coaches may keep a personal record or ‘journal’ of their coaching sessions in order to support their ongoing work with individual clients. This is wholly at the discretion of each individual and remains subject to the duty to maintain client confidentiality and protect privacy.
In the event of a request from a client(s), or an external agency such as social services or the NHS, a client’s solicitors, the police or courts, for a report on client sessions, BeLoveCurious would not be in a position to do this. On receipt of written consent from the client(s) who received a service from us, we may be able to provide brief information about the number of session and dates on which these took place.
Managing confidentiality in practice
- Breaking confidentiality with the full consent of the client does not constitute a breach of confidentiality. Client consent is therefore the ethically preferred way of resolving any dilemmas over confidentiality.
- Confidential information about clients may be shared with BeLoveCurious Coaches where the client has knowingly purchased a service with us.
- When only one partner of a couple consents to the release of information, the BLC Coach may only release information relating to the consenting client and should protect the identity and the confidentiality of all information deriving from the non-consenting client.
- Informed written consent must be obtained before any information obtained via client coaching sessions may be used for publication, training or research.
- Client confidentiality must be maintained in any and all supervision or training contexts.
- If a BLC Coach is accused formally by a client of wrongful conduct, then the need for the BLC Coach to divulge information about this client is recognised. The breaking of confidentiality will be kept to a minimum in consultation with advisers. The BLC Coach will continue to have regard for the well-being of the client.
- The obligation to maintain confidentiality continues after the therapeutic relationship has ended.
- Records should be kept securely for seven years or as long as required by the BeLoveCurious Coach’s own insurer.
Reasons for Disclosure
Client disclosure may be authorised by client consent (see above) or a court of law or similar statutory body. Any disclosures of client confidences by BeLoveCurious will be undertaken in ways that best protect the client’s trust and respect client autonomy. The following are circumstances in which BeLoveCurious may need to disclose the information we hold about you. We will not otherwise disclose your personal data to anyone outside Curious Enterprises Ltd to use for their own purpose without telling you, for example, by updating this Privacy and Confidentiality Statement.
- We may need to pass information collected online to people who provide a service to us or are acting as our agents. This includes your BeLoveCurious Coach so s/he can contact you. This is done on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential. If we transfer your information to an agent or service provider located in another country, we will ensure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to your information and to use your information strictly in accordance with our instructions.
- There are exceptional cases where BeLoveCurious might ethically or legally have to give information to relevant authorities. This includes for example, if we or your BeLoveCurious Coach has reason to believe that someone, especially a child, is at serious risk of harm or to prevent a miscarriage of justice. Other circumstances include dealing with fraud, credit risk, dealing with abusive online behaviour, to enforce rights, to protect property, to protect human safety, if the law requires it.
Such exceptional circumstances may prevent the BLC Coach from seeking client consent to a breach of confidence due to the urgency and seriousness of the situation, for example, in order to stop the client causing serious harm to self or others. In such circumstances the BLC Coach has an ethical responsibility to act in ways that balance the client’s right to confidentiality against the need to communicate with others. In the circumstances of possible danger to the BLC Coach, the service, or to others, there are particular legal and social dimensions that the BLC Coach must bear in mind. For example within the provision of the Children Act 1998, the Children (Scotland) Act 1995, the Terrorism Act 2000 and the Drug Trafficking Act 1994 (and such other legislation which may from time to time come into force), the law forbids the BLC Coach informing the client that confidential information has been passed to the authorities.
- If we sell or merge any part of our business, we may pass your personal data to another person or organisation to use for their own purposes.
Your Rights (subject access requests)
The information contained within our Privacy & Confidentiality Statement in no way contravenes your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998, to access personal data that Curious Enterprises Ltd holds about you.
BeLoveCurious holds limited information about its clients as noted above (see Record-keeping). Any information we do hold is kept securely and is only seen by authorised Curious Enterprises personnel and BLC Coaches on a need to know basis. These records are subject to the Data Protection Act 1998.
You have the right to know:
- any information available as to the source of your personal data
- the personal data of which you are a data subject
- the purpose for which we are using it
- the recipients to whom we have disclosed or may disclose your personal data
This information will be provided to you within 40 days of receiving your written request and payment of £30 (non-refundable) to cover our administrative costs. To make a subject access request for your personal data please email us at email@example.com.
Third party suppliers
BeLoveCurious uses WordPress plug-in software to enable access to the BookingBug appointment booking system, which we have integrated with PayPal as our payment gateway. The BeLoveCurious.com website may also contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
B. CANCELLATION & RESCHEDULING POLICIES & PROCEDURES
To cancel or reschedule an appointment you need to contact BeLoveCurious at least 24 hours in advance of the appointment within our office working hours Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. Please see below for specific details of how to cancel or reschedule in line with our policy.
For an appointment during the day, notification must be received by telephone or email before the corresponding time on the previous working day. If the appointment is in the evening or at weekend, notice should be given by the end of the previous working day giving over 24 hours notice.
1. An appointment for 10am on Saturday, Sunday or Monday must be cancelled / rescheduled before 10am on the previous Friday. Less than this will result in not enough notice being given.
2. You wish to cancel your appointment for Thursday 8pm. You need to contact the booking line before 6pm on Wednesday i.e. at least 24 hours in advance of the appointment. Notification received after this time would not be accessed until 9am on Thursday therefore not giving 24 hours notice.
In the event that you wish to cancel or reschedule the appointment, the following policy will be implemented:
– Request to reschedule the appointment with 24 hours notice (given by end of working day before the appointment i.e. 6pm): No fee to reschedule.
– Cancellation of appointment with 24 hours notice (given by end of working day before the appointment i.e. 6pm): No fee to cancel. Your card will be credited with the full amount.
– Request to reschedule the appointment with less than 24 hours notice: £20 admin fee to reschedule.
– Cancellation with less than 24 hours notice: No refund given.
Non-completion of appointment:
If when your BLC Coach calls at the agreed time and date and either there is no answer via Skype or the telephone no(s) provided or you indicate that you cannot / do not wish to proceed, no refund can be given.
Your BLC Coach will try several times to contact you, using whatever contact details you have provided. Your BLC Coach will leave a message if there is a message facility and you have not told us not to leave messages. If you want to schedule another session with your BLC Coach, any new appointment made will be charged at the full rate.
Your appointment is re-scheduled or not completed due to a complication/ circumstances within our control:
Should you wish to rearrange an appointment that we have had to cancel for some reason, there will be no additional charges. If you do not wish to rearrange the appointment, a full refund will be given.
Where possible, BeLoveCurious will endeavor to contact you in advance of any such change to a scheduled appointment but this may not always be feasible. We will however attempt to contact you at the earliest possible time. If we miss a scheduled call for whatever reason, and you prefer to call us to state how you wish to proceed rather than waiting for us to reach you, or to avoid getting an unwanted call from us, please contact us as quickly as possible. We cannot do anything without your instruction so we will need to speak with you in such circumstances and will make every effort to get in touch.
The BeLoveCurious Office is open from Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm (excluding Bank Holidays). Only these days and hours are regarded as ‘working hours’. If no one is available to take your call, there is an answerphone facility so please leave us a clear message of the appointment changes you wish to make, your name and your coach’s name. The time and date of your message will be recorded. An email via the website Enquiry Form is also an acceptable means of notification though we may need to speak with you to confirm additional details.
Please note that an email or message left overnight or at the weekend will not be received until the next working day and this will be the point at which any charges will be calculated from.
C. CALL TERMINATION POLICY & PROCEDURE
It is generally accepted that anyone in a customer facing role may at some time have to deal with challenging and emotionally charged clients. As such, BeLoveCurious believes it is important to have in place a clear call termination process both to support BeLoveCurious coaches in dealing with challenging and emotionally charged clients, and to secure positive outcomes for the client.
Experiencing unacceptable behaviour, including abusive language can be particularly distressing, especially if it has racial or sexual overtones. The effects of this are hard to determine, as some individuals may find some instances simply irritating while for others the same thing may cause genuine distress and upset. This policy aims to:
- Clarify the difference between ‘difficult’ situations where our primary objective will be to execute ‘good client service’ and those situations where behaviour is abusive and therefore unacceptable
- Detail the procedure that BeLoveCurious coaches are asked to follow to handle any such situation fairly and consistently.
Situations where a clients’ behaviour is considered unacceptable may include offensive or otherwise unacceptable language or inappropriate physical gestures or behaviour. The following gives some indication of types of language or behaviour that are likely to be considered unacceptable, though this list is not comprehensive:
- A situation in which the client uses language offensively
- A situation in which the client uses potentially offensive language as part of their normal vocabulary – This should be treated at the discretion of the member of staff dealing with the client, who is within their right to apply this policy to such a call
- A situation in which the client uses language that could be described as racist, sexist, offensive to a minority or majority group or generally politically incorrect. As above, this can be contextual so discretion can be used
- A situation in which a client does not do any of the above but speaks in a manner which is more psychologically abusive, for example, continually speaking in an abusive and/or aggressive tone or an exceptionally condescending or belittling manner or directs personal comments towards the BeLoveCurious Coach
- Sexual gestures or behaviour.
- It is the responsibility of the BLC personnel taking the call to determine whether what they are witnessing can be classed as unacceptable behaviour, as some clients may use certain potentially offensive words as part of their normal speech
- It is the responsibility of the BLC personnel taking the call to ensure that the client is given full opportunity to alter their behaviour and to decide whether and when it is appropriate to terminate the call
- It is the responsibility of the BLC personnel taking the call to ensure that a Director of Curious Enterprises Ltd is made aware of any occurrence of either a conversation to discuss unacceptable behaviour or a call termination as soon as the original call has been terminated.
- If a client displays any unacceptable behaviour they will be advised that what they are doing or saying is unacceptable, warned that it is not acceptable to continue in this way and that it will not help BeLoveCurious to support them in getting their issue resolved. A contact must not be terminated at this point.
- If there is a complaint, the client will be asked to give details of the complaint so the BeLoveCurious personnel can complete a complaints form. If the client wishes to complain in writing, there is the option to use the Contact Form
- If the client persists in the unacceptable behaviour, they will be given a final warning advising that the call will be terminated if they do not immediately alter their behaviour. If the call is terminated a client will not be refunded for the session and any additional paid-for credit or pre-arranged sessions with BeLoveCurious will be cancelled and refunded, subject to an administrative charge of £50. This must be explicitly stated prior to the termination of any call.
- Should unacceptable behaviour still continue, the client should be informed that the contact is being terminated due to their sustained use of unacceptable behaviour and the call should be ended promptly.
- A note will be attached to the client record advising that this call was terminated due to perceptions of unacceptable behaviour.
- Any additional pre-paid credits or pre-booked sessions will be refunded to the client less an administrative charge of £50.
D. SITE USE POLICIES
Service Disclaimer & Right to Termination
1. The relationship counselling & lovelife coaching we provide is intended to be short term. It is not a substitute for long term psychotherapy or counselling, nor do we offer professional advice concerning an individual’s personal circumstances, unless this is to advise a client that BeLoveCurious coaching is not appropriate for their needs.
- It is the responsibility of the BLC Coach to try to ascertain client’s suitability for ongoing coaching with them during the clients’ first session which will include an initial assessment interview covering the client’s understanding of the service we offer, and their primary goals for coaching
- Reasons for termination of a service agreement with a client includes when the client wishes to address personal challenges that are beyond the scope of ‘lovelife coaching’. These include mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and personality disorders, eating disorders, addiction or serious relationship issues such as those involving physical or domestic violence. All of these and more, can be reasons where a client’s personal challenges may be considered unsuitable for working with BeLoveCurious.
- A reason to terminate a service agreement with a client may be disclosed at any point in ongoing work. It is the responsibility of the BLC personnel taking the call to determine whether what is disclosed is beyond the scope of ‘lovelife coaching’ and/or whether the clients’ material remains within their competence. Such matters should be taken to Supervision.
- It is the responsibility of the BLC personnel taking the call to ensure that the client adequately understands the need to terminate their relationship with BeLoveCurious and, if appropriate to recommend to the client where to seek alternative support. In most cases this advice will be to speak to their GP.
- It is the responsibility of the BLC personnel taking the call to ensure that a Director of Curious Enterprises Ltd is made aware of any doubts as to their capacity to continue with a client, or as soon as there is a perceived need to terminate the client’s relationship with BeLoveCurious.
This policy is in place to ensure that BeLoveCurious Coaches work ethically and within their competence of working with people on relational issues (regardless of their therapeutic credentials outside their work with BeLoveCurious). In such circumstances, we limit our responsibility to advising clients to seek support from other agencies. In most cases this will be a suggestion to seek specialist support via their GP. In the event that your BeLoveCurious Coach wishes to terminate your sessions, BeLoveCurious will refund any remaining sessions you have purchased with us in full.
2. The information provided on this website and all coaching provided by BeLoveCurious Coaches to an individual or group is not intended as personal guidance or advice to be followed. Each client must therefore take full responsibility for any and all consequences of entering into a coaching relationship with a BeLoveCurious Coach. Clients must understand and acknowledge that their coach will not be liable, legally or otherwise, for the decisions, actions or in-actions they choose to make following their BeLoveCurious Coaching session(s). Furthermore, the client enters into coaching with full understanding that they are responsible for creating their own results. A failure to create results always rests solely and unreservedly with the client.
By accessing information provided through this site each user also waives and releases BeLoveCurious to the full extent permitted by law from any and all claims relating to the usage of the material made available through this web site. In no event shall BeLoveCurious be liable for any incident or consequential damages resulting from use of the material.
Informed consent is an important part of the contract between you and your coach and it must be obtained prior to your first session with us. In purchasing one or more sessions with BeLoveCurious and checking the box at the online checkout to say you have read these Terms & Conditions of Service, we understand you to have given your informed consent to work with a BLC Coach. It is also advisable to read through the Frequently Asked Questions and About Our Services sections so you are clear about the service we are offering and to whom.
Code of Ethics & Practice
Although BeLoveCurious provides a coaching service to support people to attain their lovelife and relationship goals, all our coaches are qualified Relationship Therapists and Registered members of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). We adhere to the BACP’s Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
In addition BeLoveCurious has in place a number of service-specific practice guidelines designed to support BeLoveCurious Coaches in delivering high standards of service to all our clients.
Delivering Services Online
- Technological competence is necessary to work with clients online and/or by telephone conference calling. BLC Coaches working online have a responsibility to ensure they have sufficient up-to-date technological knowledge as well as therapeutic experience.
- Clients accept that accessing coaching online or via telephone conferencing online has its own limitations, risks and threats to privacy. BeLoveCurious maintains privacy of data through use of encryption and appropriate access control for all drives, files and communication systems and by firewall and virus protection for computers. Security is regularly reviewed and updated. BLC Coaches are advised that if they are not completely confident of the security of any storage or communications mechanism they should not proceed to work in this way.
- Confidentiality is best maintained in all electronic communications by BeLoveCurious and BLC Coaches ensure that as little sensitive or personally identifiable material as possible is stored or transmitted. All measures possible are taken to protect sensitive information and BeLoveCurious Coaches are made aware of the potential risk of a third party gaining access to information. Password protection is used on all BeLoveCurious systems and these are changed at regular intervals.
- Assessment of Clients for online or via telephone conferencing work is essential. This ensures that where there are limitations or exceptions to the advisability of working with an individual either because of their personal circumstances, a condition OR other unsuitability to working online/ telephone, clients can be advised of this, and if appropriate, referrals made. Reasonable steps must be taken regarding the protection of the identity of the Client.
- Please refer to Section B) Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy & Procedures for information on what to do in the event of a technology breakdown.
Website Content & Links
- Material on this Site may be changed, terminated, or updated without notice. BeLoveCurious may make improvements and/or changes in the services described in this Site at any time without notice.
- Hyperlinks contained within our website which link to other websites owned and operated by third parties are subject to the third party privacy policies and we recommend that you consider those when using their websites. We do not accept any liability or responsibility in terms of the privacy and security practices of these third party organisations and their websites. BeLoveCurious is providing these links as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by BeLoveCurious.
- BeLoveCurious uses reasonable care in compiling and presenting the information on this website. BeLoveCurious does not assume liability for any errors or omissions in the content on this Site or any third party site, including, but not limited to, typographical errors, inaccuracies, outdated information, or broken links. This Site and all information within it are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind, express or implied. BeLoveCurious expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the information found on this Site.
Cookies are used on this website. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
E. COMPLAINTS & OTHER FEEDBACK
We hope there won’t ever be a need to complain, but just in case there is, let us know as soon as you think something’s not right for you and we’ll do our very best to sort it out.
Please use the Contact Form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and write ‘Complaint’ in the Subject field so we can get back to you ASAP. If an email just won’t do, then please call us on 0333 444 1009.